Sunday, June 17, 2007

The good and bad of laser eye surgery

Laser surgery also known as lasik surgery is a modern scientific discovery which correct the defect of the eye. The eye laser surgery involves the peeling of the back the cornea surface to operate underneath and then returning it to its original place. Everythings gots is good and bad.

The good of having laser eye surgery is to better your eye sight where you don't have to wear a glass when reading or seeing from a long distance and besides you can say goodbye to glasses or contack lens. Other benefits to eye laser surgery is you can save from changes your glasses its time your power increases and also save from buying cleaning solution

The bad of having laser surgery is that some eye are not suitable to the surgery which is only a minority of people and will complained of having a distotions of vision, lack of color contrast and 'dry-eye' syndrome and irregular astigmatism.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Hi. Speaking from experience I can say a lot of bad things about laser surgery for about the first year. You really don't begin to settle in until then and things do become "normal".

I never had problems with dry eyes until my laser surgery. I went through eye drops like water. A fire hose couldn't cure my dry eyes.

Then my surgeon inserted silicon plugs into my bottom tear ducts. Some relief. Then the top. Then there was no place for my tears to go and I was constantly drying my eyes with a tissue.

Not until the dryness issues was resolved did I truly begin to have good vision. Dry eyes can cause your vision to be bad.

In the end it is nice not to have to wear glasses but be aware there is a strong possibly you will have to pay a price in being uncomfortable for a period of time. Everyone has a different time frame for healing.

Best of luck on your surgery.

Gary Carter
http://www.2020eyelasersurgery.com

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Home